Refflections from "What is critical thinking?" by Stella Cottrell

For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree whit me are: Angry and anxiety because some times it is not easy to controll myself if I am very sure I am right. I deal with these by askingfor more reasons or try to give my arguments quietly.

For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don´t prejudice my thinking are some teachers oppinions , because I admire them so much, so I tend to trust everythink they say. I deal whit this by: Taking the time to analyze what they say from others perspectives or ask for other opinions.

For me, the thing I find most difficult  about challenging the opinions of other people is to put myself in other´s positions and not to let my bieases driving my thinking.I deal with this by trying to listen other´s reasons and trying to understand them.

Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner´s description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning understanding?
Yes, I tend to read and understand, but not to check deeply the reasons. I think it would have a possitive effect in terms of criticize what I understand.

Barriers having an effect upon me: Conside what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months.
 
The main barriers I face are LACK OF METHODS AND STRATEGIES, LACK OF PRACTICE, RELUCTANCE TO CRITICISE THOSE WITH MORE EXPERTISE, AND INSUFFICIENT FOCUS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL. To manage those barriers I could do a lot of more practice with my clasmates and researching by my own.

Comentarios

  1. It is good to think of our feelings and positions when others make us doubt about our believes. We need to learn to develop the faculty of being respectful and open-minded. Finally, be careful with grammar and spelling.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Great interaction, guys. I agree with Cesar with the fact that it is hard to control ourselves when we think we are right. However, it is definitely necessary to think that one can eventually be wrong. That is part of our human nature.

      Regards,
      Jhon Losada

      Eliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares